Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Monsanto: I told you so

It's late but I have to get something out about this tonight.  My litany of grievances against Monsanto is long; today's not-unexpected news that weeds are becoming resistant to Monsanto's Roundup weedkiller still has me shaking my head a bit at the fact that anyone is surprised.  Actually, maybe I am a bit surprised that the resistance has come so quickly-- in just ten years..

The New York Times just posted an article, The Rise of the Superweeds, There's an interactive version of the graphic in this post that shows areas with resistant weeds.

The Organic Consumers Association has a Millions Against Monsanto campaign  Their current stories include: Conflict of Interest: Ex Monsanto Lawyer Clarence Thomas to Hear Major Monsanto Case,Monsanto Hid PCB Pollution for Decades,Monsanto Sues More Small Family Farmers,Monsanto Takes Ownership of Public Water Resources.  You won't believe the corporation's reach.

1 comment:

Prince Nikka said...

Very nice dear
In this blog are looking drawing very good and likes for all...............................
Kids Party Calgary