Friday, June 6, 2008

Bush is only funny if you like your humor black

I can hear arguing from the offices down the hall where I work. Can't quite make out what they're saying until I hear one woman's voice, suddenly louder and filled with frustration.

"Well, I'm gonna vote for whoever the hell can undo the mess Bush has made!"

Then I realize she must be talking to the office manager of the union headquarters down the hall. The office manager, a sweet and kindhearted woman, is so disappointed that Hilary Clinton didn't get the Democratic nomination for president that she's planning to vote for John McCain.

I've talked to her about this myself, even saying, "Is that what you think Hilary would want you to do?"

"I don't care," she said, "it's just not right, it's just not fair she didn't win. They stole the nomination from her."

So what I feel like doing, if McCain wins, is throwing it in her face every time that:
  • A soldier is killed in Iraq or Afghanistan
  • A storm linked to global warming devastates our coast (or any other country's)
  • Unemployment goes up
Well, I won't go on. And I probably wouldn't do it; she's a nice lady. Just completely crazy.

No comments: