Last month the Journal of the American Society of Nephrology came out with a report saying there were no health benefits in drinking eight glasses of water a day. Hmm...and yet:
- Up to 60 percent of the human body is water
- The brain is composed of 70 percent water
- the lungs are nearly 90 percent water.
- 83 percent of our blood is water, which helps digest our food, transport waste, and control body temperature.
- Each day humans must replace 2.4 litres (about 2 1/2 quarts) of water, some through drinking and the rest taken by the body from the foods eaten. U.S. Geological Survey.
By chance, I found an article from Natural News that summarizes exactly how I feel.
Think about it, for a moment. It is now the position of conventional medicine that:
• Water is bad for you.
• Sunlight is bad for you.
• Nutritional supplements are worthless.
• Herbs are dangerous and might kill you.
• Meditation and prayer has no medical benefit.
And what, might you ask, do these doctors recommend that patients do to enhance their health? Here's what they recommend:
• Poison your body with chemotherapy.
• Slather your skin with sunscreen that blocks vitamin D production.
• Take medications that cause permanent liver damage.
• Drink processed beverages and eat processed, cooked foods.
• "Manage" your biochemistry with medication, not nutrition.
• Have your breasts surgically removed to prevent breast cancer...
Gee, it's no surprise, then, to learn about this latest finding that "water has no health benefits."
Check out the article. Graphic from Kids for Saving Earth.