Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'd buy THAT for a dollar!

Or would I?

Whenever I absolutely have to go shopping for household items, I start at the Dollar Tree, work my way up to Ocean State Job Lot, then finish at K-Mart if I have to.  (Couldn't find clothespins at any of the three, however!)

As I was waiting in the checkout line at the Dollar Tree, I saw a shelf of New Choice Pregnancy Kits-- for a dollar!  Golly, if finding out if you're pregnant is really important, don't you think a little more upscale kit might be appropriate?

Or maybe I'm just out of touch, having not been pregnant for thirty-two years, and I know the price of some technology does go down.  But I can't quite picture telling my kid, "Then I used the pregnancy kit  I bought at the Dollar Tree, and it said I was going to have a baby, and the baby turned out to be you!"

Photo from Frank De Kleine's photostream at Flickr.

No comments: