Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A win is a win is a loss


Well, I've been trying to write a decent post about the Scott Brown win yesterday and find I just can't do it. I think I'm already in the "Just deal with it" mode.

So let me just say two things I don't understand.

I don't understand how Pres. Obama and Congress have come up with a health care plan that's so incomprehensible that it can be misinterpreted at best and lied about at worst.  As Ernest Rutherford said, "If you can't explain your physics to a barmaid it is probably not very good physics."

I don't understand how the self-proclaimed "outraged, average Joe" voters of Massachusetts voters have come to think that the Republican party will even come close to representing their needs.  Does anyone remember the eight years of extravagant spending of George Bush on war?  Of course Obama inherited this, but he also continues it.  Would Scott Brown had won if he'd directed his outrage toward military spending?

1 comment:

D.O. said...

It's like therapy for this guy. Yesterday i penned this.

"Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown - the Torture Guy":

http://concertobi.blogspot.com/2010/01/massachusetts-senator-scott-brown.html