With a bit of pomp and circumstance, Springfield's new city councilors will begin their jobs on Monday, January 4, at noon. I do think it's worthwhile for Springfield residents to attend this organizational meeting. Let's let our new city councilors know we have high expectations of their performance.
C I T Y O F S P R I N G F I E L D - City Clerk's Office December 30, 2009
I hereby notify you that at twelve o'clock noon today the following items of business had been filed with this office and can be acted upon at the Organizational Meeting in the City Council Chambers, Monday, January 4, 2010 at twelve noon according to Section 12, Rules and Orders of the City Council.
1. PRECESSION INTO CHAMBERS
2. CALL TO ORDER BY PRESIDENT WILLIAM T. FOLEY, JR.
3. INVOCATION BY FATHER JUAN GARCIA
4. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
5. ELECTION OF PRESIDENT
6. OATH OF OFFICE TO PRESIDENT BY CITY CLERK WAYMAN LEE
7. REMARKS OF PRESIDENT
8. ELECTION OF VICE PRESIDENT - OATH OF OFFICE TO VICE-PRESIDENT BY CITY CLERK WAYMAN LEE
9. REMARKS BY MAYOR DOMENIC J. SARNO
10. OFFER OF PRAYER BY REVEREND GREGORY DYSON
11. DRAWING OF SEATS
12. ADOPTION OF RULES-2010
13. BUSINESS PROPERLY BEFORE CITY COUNCIL
14. APPOINTMENT OF STANDING COMMITTEES
15. APPOINTMENT OF THE FIRE PREVENTION COMMITTEE
16. APPOINTMENT OF THE MEMBER TO SCHOOL BUILDING COMMSSION
17. APPOINTMENT OF THE MEMBER TO THE DOG ADVISORY AND HEARING COMMITTEE
18. CLOSING BLESSING BY RABBI CHAIM KOSOFSKY
Photo from Steven Jareb's photostream at Flickr.