Sunday, March 1, 2009

Speaking of dumps....

I've been pretty down in the dumps the last week or so (political, though it's become personal) and sometimes when I get like that, I don't really feel like putting myself out there-- especially if my disquiet moves from the intellectual and emotional to the physical-- too much adrenalin, meaning not enough sleep, etc. I just have to wait for it to pass and to keep breathing.

A friend left a message on my phone last night inquiring as to my wellbeing because I hadn't been blogging-- pretty insightful on her part. Actually, I've still been collecting items I want to share so I haven't been completely neglectful.

So today: I plugged in my Christmas lights, left the stepladder up so my cats can play King of the Hill, and made a cup of cocoa. I'm going to: finish cleaning the house, reorganize a bookshelf, water my plants, and then wait for the snow, which I complain about but secretly savor. Let there be white.

Photo from DoortoRiver's photostream at Flickr.

No comments: