Saturday, July 30, 2011

Talk to the binaries

The author of RevisingMRI, a blog about MRI physics, had a chance to have a discussion with Wolfram\Alpha, computational knowledge Engine.  You can read the rest of the interview here, but this is how it ends:

RevisingMRI: Right, let’s take a break. You know what they say: All work and no play…
Wolfram|Alpha: …makes Jack a dull boy.
RevisingMRI: I’m going to pop out for some fast food. Should I get a Big Mac or a Whopper?
Wolfram|Alpha: McDonald’s Big Mac: 28 grams of fat; Burger King Whopper, without cheese: 39 grams of fat.
RevisingMRI: What would you like?
Wolfram|Alpha: I like to explore the computational universe.
RevisingMRI: Er..ok… Now, where did I put my keys?
Wolfram|Alpha: Not sure, but wherever you find them, that’s where they are.
RevisingMRI: You’re not helping. What’s the problem?
Wolfram|Alpha: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
RevisingMRI: Scary… you’re reminding me of HAL9000. “Open the pod bay doors, HAL” !!
Wolfram|Alpha: I’m sorry Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.
RevisingMRI: You know my name?!

No comments: